Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Howl Imitation


I saw the best minds of my generation walking with minds closed and hearts full with hate

Who can’t force a modest smile at the homeless person on the corner

Who walk around spouting vile words to describe those who are different from themselves

I saw the best minds of my generation waste away their lives

Who are blessed with amazing talents, but can’t put down the pipe.

Who are capable of so much, but willing of so very little.

I saw the best minds of my generation throw garbage out their car window without hesitation

Who put their cigarettes out in flower beds and playgrounds

Who can’t recycle even when the opportunity is in front of them

I saw the best minds of my generation consume their time with meaningless technology

Who can’t put their cell phone down at the dinner table

But can’t call Grandma on her eightieth birthday

I saw the best minds of my generation use violence in place of knowledge

Who think that brutality and bloodshed is power

I saw the best minds of my generation have no concern for the future generations to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment